Submissions closed on 11 June 2021 11:59pm AEST (UTC+10)
Abstract Submission Guidelines and Instructions
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically and in English
- There is no abstract submission fee
- You may submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts as presenting author
- All material must be the work of the authors listed and appropriately referenced
- It is a requirement that all presenting authors must register and pay to attend the Online Conference for their presentation to be included in the program.
- After the submission deadline all abstracts will be reviewed. Accepted abstracts will be included in the conference program once the author has registered to attend. Should the author wish to withdraw their abstract after the submission deadline, the author should contact the organisers.
- The link for the abstract submission will bring you to a login page, where you create your personal login. Make sure to keep your login information, as you can use it again later for the conference registration. You will also be asked to create a profile with your personal information in order to make your submission
- In the submission process you will be asked to select which presentation type you prefer, oral or poster. If we cannot accommodate your oral presentation you may be asked to submit a poster instead.
- Before uploading your abstract, you will be asked to choose a theme to which is corresponds:
- Lab/Organ/On-Chip Technologies
- Biofabricated Tissues and Organs
- Evaluation, Characterisation and Quality Control for Biofabrication
- Fabrication Methods and Technologies
- Regulatory/Ethics and Clinical Translation
- Industrial Applications in Biofabrication
- The abstract title is limited to 40 words
- The abstract text is limited to 500 words. If the text is too long, you cannot proceed to the next step and will be prompted to shorten the abstract.
- You can type your abstract directly in the submission form online or copy and paste it from another document. Special characters and formatting may be lost during the copying process. You may use special characters by using the ‘special character keyboard’ shown in the submission portal
- The description on the top of the submission platform provides instructions and contact details should you encounter difficulties with the submission. The red horizontal menu at the top of the page allows you to skip between the different steps of the submission process. Do not use the back button of your browser.
- At any time during a submission, you can save your submission as a ‘draft’, you can then complete them at a later stage with your login.
You can edit or delete your abstract if necessary, add or remove authors and change the presenting author or the order of the authors after submission, but only until the submission deadline on 11 June 2021, 11:59pm AEST
Oral presentations will be strictly 15 minutes duration (12 min for presenting and 3 minutes for live Q&A at the end if time permits). Presenters will be assigned a place in the online program and will be recorded and uploaded for attendees to watch on-demand.
Presenters will be required to present live on the day however special requests will be taken into consideration by the program committee.
Online Posters will be located in the Biofabrication 2021 Online Platform to be viewed anytime throughout the conference in a gallery view. Attendees will be able to select your poster and view your uploaded materials – we suggest you upload multiple medias to immerse your viewers – this could be a video, PDF presentation, links, handouts, flyers/brochures, etc. Posters will include a designated discussion board, the ability to have a Live Poll and for your audience to leave you questions – we ask that presenters monitor these throughout the event.
Presenters will be required to upload their materials as per the timeline communicated upon acceptance.